The IEEE Consultants’ Network of San Diego is a group of professional consultants to the technology industry and its associated disciplines.
As a society of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers or IEEE, our members are dedicated to the advancement of technology that is shaping our world today.
Through our online consultant locator service and monthly meetings, we provide our active members and fellow Industry professionals with qualified referrals, networking opportunities and professional training resources.
All members of CNSD are bound by the Code of Ethics set forth by the IEEE.
We, the members of the IEEE, in recognition of the importance of our technologies in affecting the quality of life throughout the world, and in accepting a personal obligation to our profession, its members and the communities we serve, do hereby commit ourselves to the highest ethical and professional conduct and agree:
- To accept responsibility in making engineering decisions consistent with the safety, health and welfare of the public, and to disclose promptly factors that might endanger the public or the environment.
- To avoid real or perceived conflicts of interest whenever possible, and to disclose them to affected parties when they do exist.
- To be honest and realistic in stating claims or estimates based on available data.
- To reject bribery in all its forms.
- To improve the understanding of technology, its appropriate application, and potential consequences.
- To maintain and improve our technical competence and to undertake technological tasks for others only if qualified by training or experience, or after full disclosure of pertinent limitations.
- To seek, accept, and offer honest criticism of technical work, to acknowledge and correct errors, and to credit properly the contributions of others.
- To treat fairly all persons regardless of race, religion, gender, disability, age or national origin.
- To avoid injuring others, their property, reputation, or employment by false or malicious action. And,
- To assist colleagues and co-workers in their professional development and to support them in following this code of ethics.
Membership in the CNSD is open to both members and non-members of the IEEE. No membership application is necessary to join, just come to our meetings.
If you would like to be part of the online consultant locator service you will need to submit a profile to firstname.lastname@example.org for review and posting. See the Consultants’ section of this website for an outline of information needed.
Because networking is an important part of membership, we strongly encourage you to attend the monthly meetings. See our HOME page for the most current meeting information.
For more information on the IEEE Consultants’ Network of San Diego contact Kent Deines at 858-395-0229 or email@example.com.