Green Domain Design, LLC
Green Domain Design offers clients world-class outsourced electronic product development expertise and capabilities regardless of the size of the project. Whether it's an hour of consulting or a multi-year program, we're interested as long as we can add high value to the mix.
Designs profitable electronic products. Fixes troubled projects. Creative inventor, thorough engineer. Cumulative product sales >$350M. Decades of experience with top-level system design, analog & digital circuit design, standards based interfaces, packaging, compliance, documentation, production & test. 9 patents, 3 pending. IEEE Senior Member.
Orbic Energy Conversion
Inventor of the DC Transformer.
Founder of Inventors'Commons, a non-profit for controlling the licensing of DC Transformer and other parts of the Second Decade Electro-Magnetics technology.
RF and microwave products: design, prototyping, trouble-shooting & product assessment, new business development, technical marketing. Communications and electronics: patent consulting and forensic engineering.
Electric Power Grid Engineering, Operations, Safety, and Expert Witness consulting services.
Ensemble Engineering, Inc.
Electronic design and programming for Embedded Systems. Xilinx FPGAs in VHDL. IP integration and testing. AVR and TMS processors in C. FTDI USB.
Linux Systems Engineer
Do you have a hardware or software development project in trouble? Do you need someone to identify and correct
workflow issues? Do you have issues interfacing with non-Linux
systems? Do you need to temporarily augment your in house staff?
With over 30 years experience, I provide support, either
onsite or remotely, in all of these areas.
Software Integration, Computer Network Configuration and Diagnostics, Data and Database Interchanges, On Premises to Web and Cloud database integration, OS configurations, Windows to Linux Interoperability.
Patent application preparation and prosecution. Patent enforcement.
Consulting agreements, contracts for engineering services, software development agreements, and subcontracts.
Assisting companies with the new Department of Defense regulations for protecting "Controlled Unclassified Data."
Wired and wireless communications expert, with 12+ years consulting in the greater San Diego area. RF system engineering, modems, digital signal processing, algorithms.
System Concept Design, Design Review and Troubleshooting of any kind of electronic device; mentoring of your technology team.
Future Wireless Technologies
Wireless RF System Architecture Engineering Business Consultant
Chair IEEE MTT-20 Wireless Communication Chair
IEEE 802 Working Group Member
Wearables, IoT, V2X, Cellular 3GPP 3GPP2 UMTS HSPA GSM EDGE 802 WiFi RFIC WLAN Radio LTE MIMO OFDM CDMA LEO BAN UWB M2M Femtocell Medical Devices SUN Smart utility Networks
Spectrum White Grey license
Analog Integrated Circuit Architect and Ciruit Design Expert Specializing in Power Delivery and High Frequency. Electrical Engineering Professor, Professional Engineer in Good standing and Expert Witness> References available on request
VLSI design (ASIC and FPGA) of digital signal processing systems-on-a-chip, using MatLab, SystemVerilog, VHDL, etc. Extensive teaching, technical, and management experience in the semiconductor industry, building video and communications systems. 3 patents, numerous technical publications.
DR FALKENBERG TECHNOLOGY CONSULTING INC.
Reduction of Time to Market for new software, FPGA and ASIC products through the application of modern software and hardware design methodologies.
Considerable reduction in R&D cost due to an integrated software and hardware architecture design approach in the early phases of a project.
Space & Signals Technologies, LLC
Technical Consulting and contracting. Modeling and Simulation of DSP Systems.
A provider of management and technology solutions with a quality minded approach to systems, processes, and practices.
IT, engineering, and project management
Building Your Brand and Voice with Authenticity
Wireless communications expert and radio architect. In-depth knowledge of RF circuits & systems, modems, signal processing algorithms, and communication signals. Experience with ultra low-power medical circuits, state-of-the-art microwave designs for satellite links, and high-performance architectures for cellular systems. Innovative approach.
With a cadre of hundreds of subject matter experts in high technologies and sciences, GHB Intellect is a full-service intellectual property and engineering service provider.
M M Electronics
Electronic Contract Manufacturing Services
SwaraLink Technologies is an engineering consulting firm focused on Bluetooth low energy (BLE) systems, embedded software, wireless protocols, and IoT.
Services include software development, technical training, system architecture review, security review, optimization, system test, debugging, and assistance with certification.
An innovator in Mobile Apps, Wireless Health, and Embedded Communications.
Communications systems engineering design, baseband and MAC algorithms and blocks design, end-to-end or block based Matlab, C, C++ simulations, transceiver SW/HW partitioning and architecture design, technical due diligence, patent development, radio and digital hardware implementations, FPGA, DSP, ASIC, RF systems and circuit board design.
Technology Designs, Inc.
I provide electronic design services for custom embedded boards, FPGAs, and ASICs. I have successfully designed a wide variety of boards all the way to working prototypes. Also, I have created numerous FPGAs and several ASIC blocks. Let me know how I can meet your design goals, either by supplementing your team or doing complete turnkey project.
Superlative Semiconductor LLC
Analog/Mixed-Signal/RF integrated circuit (IC) and board-level design. Experience with block level designs, top-level architectures, and resolving block-block interactions. Extensive background in DSP. Innovative work has resulted in 8 issued U.S. patents, 9 publications (all lead author), and several awards from IEEE and academia.
Session Control LLC
Specialist in System Design, Digital Design, FPGA and Embedded Software design and implementation. 20+ years experience with hardware (PCB design to high level HDL coding) and software (driver level to large OO projects; C,C++). Consulting since 2002. Strong history of on-time, on-budget project completion.
Canela Concepts offers electrical engineering design services with expertise in FPGA design and embedded systems design. We have prior experience in a wide variety of markets including wireless and wired communications, pro audio, video cameras, military, medical, and computers. Additional expertise includes board-level digital and analog design.
A technology R&D company helping you
â€” develop market-leading technology
â€” create high-value intellectual property
â€” build formidable in-house tools and capabilities
MegaRF Design, LLC
MegaRF Design is a RF and microwave design and consulting company in northern San Diego. Product development is our core focus. We have RF testing and PCB prototyping services to complement our consultant design services. Core: Amplifiers, Switches, Transceiver Design, Power Combiners, Couplers, LNAs, DC to 60GHz.
Talon Communications, Inc.
We are focused on full service electronic product development from concept to manufacturing. Products built for Medical, Consumer, Industrial and Defense clients. Specialties include FPGA, WIRELESS and VIDEO. Experienced with the latest SoC FPGA's. Custom SoM's System on a Module available.
Faster Logic LLC
C C++ Java VHDL Verilog Matlab */*/* www.fasterlogic.com */*/* Optimial Software and Hardware solutions for Error correction, Data compression, Cryptographic systems, Network security.
Systems engineer (MSEE) with 30+ years' experience developing advanced communications systems from integrated circuits to international networks. Specializing in all aspects of wireless.
NORgate Engineering & Assoc.
VHDL, Verilog, Altera and Xilinx FPGA, MATHCAD, MATLAB, Keil 8051 C and assem ler, Digital Signal Processing, digital video, embedded hardware and software, Intel X86 and 8051 processors, ARM processors, ORCAD for circuit board design, digital and mixed signal design, SPICE.
OBE Systems, Inc.
OBE Systems, Inc. is an engineering design firm with emphasis on hardware and software development, serving the San Diego and Silicon Valley engineering communities since 1991. OBE Systems, Inc. products have received both commercial success and critical acclaim. 4 patents.
San Diego Silicon, Inc.
Wireless, Wired, and Communication Systems ASIC & Full Custom IC Designs in CMOS, and SiGe BiCMOS. Full System Hardware Box Designs including PWB Board Design. Designs Range From Very low Frequencies below 50 Hz to 18 + GHz Microwave Frequencies. Excellent Ability to Evaluate Design Issues, Debug & Find Creative Solutions. Technical Diligence.
Bamishe R&D, LLC
BAMISHE R&D, LLC is a software engineering company offering rapid prototyping and development services. We develop Software for electronics in the consumer, defense, and industrial markets.
IP Consulting Expert / Software Consultant
Software Consultant, with almost 20 years' experience in real-time embedded software development gained within the mobile and satellite communications industries.
Expertise in intellectual property (IP) infringement analysis (Discovery Phase), wireless protocol stack and wireless network stack development.
ThinkGroup is an engineering services company that complements or serves as its clients engineering department for equipment design and Product Development to allow its clients to stay lean, agile, focus on their core competency, and reduce costs.
Automatic test, labVIEW programming, data acquisition, analog & RF system design, circuit design, and antenna range testing.
Blue Mountain Consulting
Systems architecture as well as design and development of hardware and software. Areas of specialization include ASICs and FPGAs, analog and digital circuit design, embedded software and mobile app development.
Development of Linux based solutions.
LRGR & Associates Inc.
Real-time embedded systems hardware and software design consultant.
Technology Business Solutions
Business & strategic planning, product development & marketing, manufacturing operations and corporate transactions.
JPS Engineering Corp.
Embedded systems (Atmel, Microchip, Freescale and more), Software/Firmware (C, C++, VB, PC Apps, ATE), Power Electronics, EMC/ESD, Control Systems, Analog design, Mixed Signal, Fiber Optics.
Power electronics, motor drives, motion controls, sensors/ signal detection, analog circuits, low-level/ low-power design. Research report writing and editing.
ORTENGA Systems Engineering will engage with all stakeholders to capture end product requirements and decompose them to block level requirements with trade-off analysis between various architectures.
Our goal is to provide RF/Microwave Radio Communication Systems solutions to open market via seasoned engineering team.
Sirius Microtech LLC
Experienced Multi-Diciplinary engineers to help in New Product Development. Prototyping and Proof of Concept designs. Skills - Electro-Mechanical systems, Embedded Systems, Motion controls, Vision Systems, FPGAs, Microcontrollers, C, C++, Java, VHDL, Electrical Modelling, 3D Modelling, Manufacturing Automation, Work-In-Progress tracking systems.
Safety Guru, LLC
Safety Guru, LLC specializes in process and equipment risk assessment and mitigation. Services include incident investigation, product design for safety support and training, and SEMI® Safety Guideline implementation.
TriAxial Design and Analysis
TriAxial Design and Analysis provides reliable design services using SolidWorks. We have unmatched excellence in mechanical engineering: design, analysis, industrial design, documentation, and training. We research and apply the most effective methods and technically advanced techniques. We strive to be courteous and responsive to every customer.
Computer simulation & modeling, reliability studies, materials, failure analysis, acoustics, mechanical reliability, data acquisition, test equipment/systems, technical writing, and new product development.
Statistical prediction modeling (artificial neural networks, decision trees), software development cost reduction and source-code-based quality improvement, and custom algorithm design.
45+ years experience, expert witness, cell phones, telecommunication systems & networks, cellular and wireless communications (GSM, UMTS, CMDA, WCDMA, LTE, 3GPP2, 4G, WiMAX, Wi-Fi, 802.11, UWB), antennas, propagation, satellites, microwave & RF, HF, VHF, UHF, invention completion, patent support, business start-up & management consulting.
ibeeto, Streif Enterprises, Inc.
Software architecture and engineering with in Linux and open source technologies for embedded systems in IoT, connected cars, home automation, industrial automation.
Certified Agilent Genesys expert.
Senior Member of IEEE
Dome Resonators provides RF/Microwave consulting and contracting services for the Microwave Industry.Design experience has covered low frequency Analog, RF to mm Wave frequencies as high as 200 GHz.Designs from basic hardware component through system level analysis. www.domeresonators.com
Effective Electrons Inc.
Analog, Mixed Signal, RF circuit design, semiconductor modeling, foundry models, technical training seminars, interference noise solutions, technical oversight & troubleshooting, due diligence investigations, technical specifications and documentation.
Grasstree Engineering LLC
Software product development with a focus on real time embedded systems
Walker Power Design, Inc.
Power electronics design, power supplies, electrical power transformers, reliability studies, telecommunications equipment, analog design, EMI, and expert witness.
Columbus Research, Inc.
For several decades, I've written custom software for industry and produced many commercial apps. Develop software using lean, AGILE/SCRUM techniques. Skills in MySQL, MS-SQL, PHP, ASP, .NET, C/C++/C#, HTML/CSS/JS. I have the ability to develop technology and perform R&D work for start-ups, incl. development of intellectual property.
Wombat Labs offers a holistic analysis of your organization's security posture and, at your option, will correct any discovered weaknesses in a vendor-neutral manner.
Wintriss Technical Schools
Java, Object Oriented Programming services using Extreme Programming design and development techniques. Teaching Java to kids in 501(c)(3) public benefit school. Embedded machine tool controls. We design and build prototypes. Projects managed by Java professional teachers with inputs from advanced students.
Clutch Engineering, Inc.
Electrical engineering design services focused in FPGA and hardware development.
Ler Technologies, Inc.
Optics, electro-optics, fiber and integrated optics, optical devices and system.
1749 Linbrook Drive
San Diego, CA 92111
Mathematical modeling, especially in the context of interdisciplinary, physically-based applications in support of test methods and product prototype development.
Experienced in applied physics, materials science, transduction sciences, and product evaluation. Areas of strength include reliability analysis, mathematical modeling, statistical inference, analytical performance predictions, hands-on mechanical design and fabrication, identifying the fundamental limitations of proposed technologies, and technical writing. Industrious, innovative problem solver with a Ph.D. in physics, and strongly motivated to develop teaming relationships within the business, technical, and academic communities.
- Computer Simulation and Modeling
- Reliability Studies, Materials
- Piezoelectric Materials Characterization
- Failure Analysis
- Mechanical Reliability
- Data Acquisition
- Test Equipment/Systems
- Technical Writing
- New Product Development
BS (Magna Cum Laude) Physics, Math, University of Toledo,
PhD Physics, Case Western Reserve University.
Mechanical reliability, statistical methods and Bayesian statistics at George Washington University
Reliability Testing at the University of Arizona.
- Who's Who in Science and Engineering, American Men and Women of Science
- Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Acoustical Society of America - Former national engineering acoustics technical committee member, and former Austin, Texas chapter chairman
- IEEE Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control Society
- National Defense Industrial Association
- Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association
- IEEE Reliability Society: San Diego chapter program chairman
- American Society for Nondestructive Testing
- Optical Society of America
CONSULTANT / New Engineering Paradigms, Inc., San Diego, California: 1999 - Present
Provide technical and engineering services in the fields of applied physics, reliability studies, materials characterization, and transduction sciences. Adept at fostering interdisciplinary approaches to problem solving via the formation of effective teaming partnerships.
ALCEDO, INC., Sunnyvale, California Senior Scientist: 1998 - 1999
Recruited to assist with the design and development of automated instrumentation for high-speed testing of printed circuit substrates. This work heavily emphasized hands-on mechanical design and fabrication skills in implementing processes based on scanning electron microscopy principles.
DYNAMICS RESEARCH CORPORATION, San Diego, California Senior Staff Physicist : 1997 - 1998
Recruited to support the Virtual Wafer Fabrication (VWF) Project, an effort to upgrade and define improved physical models for commercial semiconductor process and device simulation software utilities.
Developed robust alternatives to Pearson distribution ion implantation mathematical models.
Looked for more reliable data inputs and ways to apply standard inverse modeling methods to the difficult technology computer aided design (T-CAD) numerical calibration problem.
TEXAS RESEARCH INSTITUTE AUSTIN, INC., Austin, Texas Senior Scientist : 1977 - 1996
Recruited to implement sponsored projects in applied physics, information technology, experimental design, reliability analysis, mathematical modeling, impedance spectroscopy, statistical inference, instrumentation development, sonar transducer evaluation and characterization of the viscoelastic properties of materials.
Supervised software development, electronic design, prototype production, machine shop and general laboratory support personnel.
Designed a new support system for submarine transducers which eliminated an interfacial friction noise source while complying with all Navy requirements for shock hardening and acoustic performance.
Developed inverse acoustic modeling techniques for interpreting impedance spectroscopy measurements and applied to the analysis of accelerated life testing, viscoelastic materials properties measurements and cataloging the behavior of electrochemical cells.
Conducted reliability and availability evaluation assessments for numerous sonar projectors and receivers.
Developed Beta and VHS automated systems for measuring the dynamic coefficient of friction for competitive video tape products for 3M.
Developed a prototype contact resonator for the nondestructive evaluation of rubber-to-metal bonds in sonar transducers, achieving detection of flaws as small as 1/8 inch in diameter under material 1/8 inch thick.
Introduced equivalent circuit models and developed multiple nonlinear regression analysis software for interpreting impedance spectroscopy data on lithium power cells.
Coordinated studies sponsored by the Air Force correlating impedance signatures with aging effects in nickel-hydrogen batteries used in communications satellites.
Utilized equivalent circuit modeling methods to design, develop, and predict the behavior of special-purpose piezoelectric oscillators for a number of nondestructive testing and diagnostic measurement applications.
HORIZONS RESEARCH, INC., Cleveland, Ohio Group Leader
Coordinated efforts of the Engineering and Chemistry Departments in performance of a $4.0 million contract for development of dye-based photographic film for the Air Force.
Marketed and successfully managed a project to develop a prototype high-speed bar code printer for the United States Postal Service. Designed electronic and logic-control subsystems.
Performed detailed theoretical analyses of the sensitometric characteristics and optical development parameters of dye-based photographic film.
ULTRASCAN COMPANY, Cleveland, Ohio Staff Scientist
Developed a flat-format Auger Electron Spectrometer to allow energy-dispersive elemental analysis to be performed in a modified scanning electron microscope. This task included all aspects of electron optics theory, mechanical design, and prototype hardware development.
CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY, Cleveland, Ohio Graduate School Career
Self-supporting throughout graduate school career as honors fellow, graduate assistant, part-time instructor, and post-doctoral research fellow. Experimental thesis involved design, development, and fabrication of apparatus including electronic control provisions to observe Zeeman level-crossing signals. Pioneered a significant extension of the scope of level-crossing spectroscopy, allowing hyperfine structure effects in excited atomic states not radiatively coupled to the ground state to be observed in step-wise fluorescence. As a part-time instructor taught standard university-level physics courses in mechanics and electricity and magnetism.
Authored over 100 papers, reports, presentations, proposals, and patents published in refereed journals, as official government reports, in technical conference proceedings, or as archived corporate technical documents. Contributed one subchapter to a book and have one issued patent and several disclosures. A comprehensive list of publications is available on request. A representative partial list is appended below.
Articles Published in Refereed Journals
- R.L. Smith and T.G. Eck, "Level-Crossing Signals in Stepwise Fluorescence," Phys. Rev. A 2, 2179 (1970).
- R.L. Smith, "Practical Solutions of the Lock-In Detection Problem for Lorentz and Dispersion Resonance Signals," J. Optical Soc. Am., 61, 1015 (1971).
- R.L. Smith, "Inverse Acoustic Modeling as a Technique for Monitoring Aging Effects in Transducers," J. Underwater Acoust. (USN), 35, 87 (1985).
Naval Research Laboratory Memorandum Reports
- R.L. Smith, "Reliability and Service Life Concepts for Sonar Transducer Applications," NRL Memorandum Report 4558, 17 Sep 1981.
- R.L. Smith, "The Bayesian Inference Method and its Application to Reliability Problems," NRL Memorandum Report 4903, Sept. 15, 1982.
- R.L. Smith, "Reliability Analysis of the DT-605 Hydrophone," NRL Memorandum Report 6236, July, 1988.
- J.F. Cartier, A.V. Bray, R.L. Smith, and A.C. Tims, "CUALT - The Navy's Accelerated Life Testing Program for Marine Equipment," NRL Memorandum Report 6711, December 15, 1990.
Papers Presented at Technical Conferences
- R.L. Smith, "Inverse Acoustic Modeling as a Technique for Monitoring Aging Effects in Transducers," presented at the ONR/NUSC Symposium on the Dynamic Mechanical Properties of Elastomers, New London, CT, 16-19 Jul 1984.
- R.L. Smith, "The Bayesian Inference Method and its Application to Reliability Problems," presented at the Eleventh Annual Reliability Conference, Tucson, AZ, April 1985.
- R.L. Smith, A.V. Bray, and C.M. Teller, "Development of a Resonant Probe for Evaluating the Integrity of Rubber-to-Metal Bonded Joints," Proceedings of the 17th Symposium on Nondestructive Evaluation, San Antonio, TX, April 17-20, 1989.
- R.L. Smith and A.V. Bray, "Planar Array Availability Prediction for Line Level Refurbishment," presented at the 57th Symposium of the Military Operations Research Society, Fort Leavenworth, KS, 6-8 Jun 1989.
- R.L. Smith, "Development of an Ice Accretion Monitor for Aircraft," presented at the FAA International Conference on Inflight Icing, Springfield, VA, 6-8 May 1996.
- R. L. Smith, "Extending the Linear Theory of Piezoelectricity to Include Viscoelastic Effects," presented at the 2000 U. S. Navy Workshop on Acoustic Transduction Materials and Devices, State College, PA, 11-13 April, 2000.
Papers Presented at National ASA Meetings
- R.L. Smith, "Characterizing the Impact of Materials on Transducer Reliability," invited paper presented at the fall meeting of the Acoustical Society of America, Orlando, FL, Nov 1982.
- R.L. Smith, "Interpreting Piezoelectric Oscillator Dissipation Effects in Terms of Underlying Materials Viscoelastic Relaxation Phenomena," paper presented at the fall meeting of the Acoustical Society of America, Miami, FL, Nov 1987.
.L. Smith and A.V. Bray, "Characterizing the Performance of Piezoelectric Ceramic as a Function of Stress, Electric Field, and Thermal History," paper presented at the fall meeting of the Acoustical Society of America, Austin, TX, Nov/Dec 1994.
- R. L. Smith, "Developing a Simple Heuristic Viscoelastic Theory of Piezoelectricity," paper presented at the spring meeting of the Acoustical Society of America, Atlanta, GA, May/June 2000.
Corporate Technical Project Reports
- R.L. Smith, "Incorporating Dispersion Measures into Exponential Reliability Modeling Descriptions," TRI Technical Report 8185-3, 21 Sep 1981.
- R.L. Smith, "The Bayesian Inference Method and its Application to Reliability Problems," TRI Technical Report 8196:RLS, 26 Feb, 1982.
- R.L. Smith, "The Development of Friction Measurement Hardware for Nondestructively Evaluating Video Cassette Tape," TRI Technical Report 82111:RLS, 15 Nov 1983.
- R.L. Smith, "A Feasibility Evaluation of Metal Tail Mount Alternatives for the TR-317R Transducer," TRI Technical Report 82117F, Nov 1984.
- R.L. Smith, "Interpreting AC Impedance Measurements on Primary Power Cells," TRI Technical Report 85164:RLS, March 4, 1986.
- R.L. Smith, "Reliability Analysis of the DT-605 Hydrophone," TRI Technical Report 86190-404:RLS, Mar 1988.
- J.F. Cartier and R.L. Smith, "Final Report on Temperature and Load Relaxation Tests Performed on GE and Raytheon Fiberglass Springs for the TR-317 Transducer," TRI Technical Report 86190-504:JFC, 26 Jan 1989.
- R.L. Smith, "An External DC Biasing Accessory for HP 4192A and 4194A Impedance Analyzers -- Circuit Description and Operating Instructions," TRI Technical Report 86190-501A:RLS, 28 Feb 1989.
- R.L. Smith and A.V. Bray, "Improved Transducer Production Testing for Rubber-to-Metal Bonded Joints--Phase I Final Report," TRI Technical Report 87232:RLS, 7 Apr 1989.
- R.L. Smith and A.V. Bray, "Development of an Accelerated Life Test for Nickel Hydrogen and Nickel-Metal Hydride Batteries," Phillips Laboratory Technical Report PL-TR--91-3105, Feb 1992.
- R.L. Smith, "Evaluation of Stress-Induced Depolarization of PZT-8 Ceramic," TRI Technical Report A7407-105:RLS, Mar 1995.
- A.V. Bray and R.L. Smith, “Evaluating Treatments to Improve the Electrical Breakdown Characteristics of Piezoelectric Ceramic in High-Power Transducers,”MRC Technical Report 00-01, October 2000.
- R.L. Smith, “Evaluating Regression Analysis Procedures for Matching a Quadratic Mathematical Model to Laser Diode Performance Data,” NEP Technical Report NEP-02-103:RLS, 15 Apr 2002.
- R.L. Smith, “Evaluation of Materials and Process Control Variables for Forming the Plantronics 13342-01 Receiver Al/Mylarâ Diaphragm,” NEP Technical Report NEP-03-101:RLS, 27 Jan 2003.
- C.G Murphy and R.L. Smith, “Integrity Assurance for Secure Computational Systems,” NEP Technology Review NEP-05-101:RLS, 7 Feb 2005.
- R.L. Smith, “Motivating Improved Mathematical Circuit Models for Compact Cold-Cathode Fluorescent Lamps,” NEP Technical Report NEP-07-101:RLS, 14 Jul 2006.
- R.L. Smith, "Unsolicited Proposal for Development of a Low-Noise Pressure Release Sleeve Spring," TRI Proposal 8010 to the Naval Research Laboratory, Orlando, FL, 17 Mar 1978.
- R.L. Smith, "A Proposal to Develop and Build Second Gereration Friction Measurement Instruments for Evaluating One-half Inch Video Tape," TRI Proposal 3059:RLS to the 3M Company, St. Paul, MN, 22 Nov 1983.
- R.L. Smith, "Development of New Statistical Tools to Facilitate the Interpretation and Use of Accelerated Life Test Data," TRI Proposal 4005:RLS to the Naval Sea Systems Command, Washington, D.C., 11 Jan 1984.
- R.L. Smith, "Double Oscillator Test Method for Making Dynamic Mechanical Properties Measurements on Rigid Transducer Materials," TRI Proposal 6017:RLS to the Naval Ocean Systems Center, San Diego, CA, 30 Jan 1986.
- R.L. Smith, "Development of Materials Suitable for Torpedo Nose Windows," TRI Proposal 8006:RLS to the Naval Sea Systems Command, Washington, D.C., 6 Jan 1988.
- R.L. Smith, "Development of a Mass-Loaded Oscillator Rain Gauge," TRI Proposal A3061:RLS to the U. S. Dept. of Commerce, 17 Jan 1994.
- R.L. Smith, "Development of an Automated Weighing System for Aircraft on a Carrier Flight Deck," TRI Proposal A4023:RLS to the U. S. Navy, 13 Jul 1994.
- R.L. Smith, "Development of a Corrosion Rate Sensor for Monitoring Structural Integrity," TRI Proposal A4041:RLS to the U. S. Air Force, 11 Jan 1995.
- C. Fuller, R.L. Smith, J.P. Sanchez, and M. Remillard, “Handheld Bio-agent Detector,” submitted in response to Center for the Commercialization of Advanced Technology (CCAT) solicitation 2002-05, 18 Oct, 2002.
- R.J. Jannarone and R.L. Smith, “Multivariate Feature Extraction for Autonomous Unmixing of Spectral Data,” BSR Proposal under Chemical and Biological Defense (CBD) Program SBIR Topic CBD03-300, 15 Jan, 2003.
- R.L. Smith, C.M. Teller, and J. Wallace, “Development of an Advanced Impedance-Based Structural Health Monitoring System,” KTI Proposal A032-2462, Army SBIR Topic A03-147, 19 Aug, 2003.
- C.G. Murphy and R.L Smith, “Anti-Tamper Active and Passive Sensors for Use Inside an Integrated Circuit,” ASI Proposal A062-030-2827, Army SBIR Topic A06-030, 12 Jul, 2006.
- R. Govindaraju, R.L. Smith, and C.M. Teller, “Impedance Spectroscopy as an Integrated Vehicle Health Management Tool,” KTI Proposal A1.07-9368, NASA SBIR Topic A1.07, 19 Aug, 2006.
Contributions to Books and Patents
- R.L. Smith, "Impedance Spectroscopy and Resonance Methods for Nondestructive Testing," Nondestructive Testing Handbook, 2nd edition, Vol. 7, Section 10, Part 4, published by The American Society for Nondestructive Testing, Columbus, OH, 1991.
- R.L. Smith, D. Logan, and M.P. Kendall, "Electrostatic Aperture Printing," U.S. Patent 4,088,891, May 9, 1978.